Sales Development Representative
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for identifying and qualifying enterprise account sales opportunities. This is a business-to-business sales environment that requires positioning a technology solution to both IT and non-IT groups. The role focuses on identifying business need while also conducting information-gathering to help pre-qualify opportunities for the sales organization through phone and email contact.
Akamai Sales Development team exist to drive new business for Akamai solutions with potential customers and existing customers. Our goal is to develop qualified opportunities and sales pipeline through outbound prospecting and cultivating strong relationships with customers, from first contact. We are responsible for the initial education on how Akamai can solve their business challenges.
* Using your prospecting and account penetration skills, you’ll work to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline and forecast goals as well as other defined objectives.
* Identify qualified sales opportunities in large, enterprise accounts
* Interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email
* Update lead and prospect activity in salesforce.com to ensure effective lead management
* Set qualified introductory meetings for the sales team
* Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
* Exceed weekly, monthly, quarterly lead development quota
Required Education and Experience:
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
* Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience preferably w/in technology
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a Quota carrying role
* Previous experience developing leads and meeting sales quotas
* Positive and energetic phone skills and excellent listening and writing skills
* Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
* Team player, high energy, reliable
* Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
* Sales training, Salesforce.com and InsideSales.com experience a plus