Sales Development Representative
CBORD and Horizon are the world's leading providers of integrated technology solutions powering housing, access, foodservice, nutrition, eCommerce, and card systems for K-12 and higher education, acute care, senior living, and business campuses. Our success and growth is directly attributed to our DREAMteam. Our culture is built on integrity, respect for our people, and continuous personal development. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit, where creativity, innovative problem solving, and learning agility drive our day-to-day actions.
DREAMteam (how we refer to all of us) You're engaged and self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly driving improvement and innovation. You act as a change agent. You're a team player contributing to a collaborative and diverse work environment. We question the status quo and so should you. You are accountable and focused and take smart risks. You're an extension of our talent acquisition team – always scouting top talent to join our team.
The Sales Development Representative will partner with the sales team to develop and execute upon strategies related to prospecting, new customer acquisition, and demonstration setting for the department. The Sales Development Representative does not have management responsibilities. This position operates with supervision.
- Reach out to ideal customer profile target prospects using a mix of telephone calls, email, and other communication mediums
- Create a fantastic first impression to prospects with a friendly attitude, compelling messaging, and consistent follow up
- Educate and develop leads to turn them into qualified opportunities
- Coordinate demos and presentations with the inside and outside sales teams
- Maintain accurate and detailed lead, account, contact, opportunity, and sales activity in CRM system
- Gain a solid understanding of the technology landscape
- Communicate and collaborate with your sales team partners to develop and execute on territory lead generation and pipeline building strategies.
Who You'll Work With
• First, you will partner internally with sales to develop strategies of appropriate targets and messages and work to execute those messages to develop interest.
• You will target contacts within both existing contacts to introduce them to new and valuable solutions as well as prospects who may be less aware of CBORD/Horizon solutions.
• You'll be targeting contacts within Operations, Finance, Security, Card Offices, Dining and Housing departments.
• A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization
• Opportunity qualification and objection handling
• Excellent call structure and control
• Proficient time management
• Proven track record achieving measurable inside sales goals
• Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
• Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
• The highest level of integrity
• Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
• NetSuite CRM and SalesLoft experience a plus
• BS/BA in a technical or business discipline is preferred
• 1-3 years of experience in an SDR role preferred
• Healthcare, Higher Education, K-12, SaaS/Software, or foodservice technology experience a plus