Software Sales Intern
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
You: A third or fourth-year college student looking for a summer internship at a leading edge company. Are you interested in learning more about tech sales, and improving your sales skills?
Us: Great company (Named one of the Best Places to Work) with incredibly talented professionals making, marketing and selling fabulous products — products that make a real difference in how well web and mobile work. Our products bring about change, they leave an imprint. We are transforming the online experience of hundreds of millions of Internet and mobile users.
This is not your average internship. You won't spend your days filing or copying, fetching coffee or putting together PowerPoint presentations. Rather, you'll dive headfirst into working with our sales teams to generate new business and support New Relic’s existing customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a curious, creative, and business savvy individual to gain sales experience at a fast paced, high tech company. The Sales Intern will gain visibility into both the Sales Development and Account Executive teams at New Relic.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to understand overall Corporate Strategy
- Research accounts to identify those that possess New Relic’s Ideal Customer Profile
- Learning the 7 traits of a Great SaaS sales rep.
- Assist Sales Development Reps and Account Executives with lead management using LinkedIn and Discover.org to replenish target accounts with key contacts.
- Drive attendance to webinars, public demos, and field events through outbound phone communication.
- Partner with Sales Development Reps to understand prospecting motions and utilization of SFDC dashboards
- Partner with Account Executives and Solution Engineers to understand sales motions
- Shadow Recruiters on initial screening of potential sales candidates and reviewing of resumes
- Partner with deal strategy team to understand connectivity between departments
- Partner with leaders of different affinity groups to schedule an out of office Diversity & Inclusion event
- Meet with our Chief People Officer to discuss our core values; how they shape our business and how they’ve impacted your experience.
- Be pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited university
- Value exceptional customer service
- Excel in both intrinsic motivation, goal setting and collaborative teamwork
- Be articulate with a strong business acumen
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have an interest in sales prospecting
- Be described as having a “go-getter” personality
- Passionate about starting a career in sales
Analytics experience or familiarity with Application Performance Management (APM) is a plus. Prior sales experience is also a bonus, but not required.
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.