Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative is a key piece of our sales structure. The BDR will work closely with the Directors of Sales and Area Vice President. They will qualify and generate opportunities within their designated territories. They will assist throughout the sales funnel as needed to ensure opportunities close.
The Business Development Representative will report directly to Business Development Manager.
- Generate appointments and Demos, by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers, target accounts and territories
- Assist the team as needed with top of funnel lead generation and/or mid funnel follow ups and/or data needs (DHAs & Counts)
- Use BANT Framework (budget, authority, need, timeline) and “the BDR Process model” to set up quality appointments
- Log and maintain tasks and opportunities in Salesforce
- Work closely with territory team(s) and Director of Business Development to carry out the best ABM outreach strategy.
- Assist territory team throughout funnel to hit team goal.
- Achieve inbound lead conversion rate as set by leadership.
- Working closely with Regional teams and attend customer meetings as required.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- 1+ years relevant work experience, preferably in software/technology related industry
- Strong work ethic is a must as this is a high activity driven position that can lead into significant long-term opportunities within the company.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications; knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong in-person, phone and written customer communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Accountable – you build trust with others by your actions
- Team player who leads by example
- Results oriented – you find ways to make an impact
- Unparalleled drive – financially & professionally
- Articulate within all levels of an organization
- A true professional demonstrating highest ethical and moral standards
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Self-motivation, eager to grow professionally, willingness to learn
- Must be able to thrive in a startup type environment